Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012

Yesterday Aunt Dorrie and I took Sage for a long walk at Krape Park in Freeport, Illinois. We went to the Big Apple restaurant for lunch and had a nice, relaxing day.

Today Uncle Greg, Aunt Dorrie, Mischelle, and I went to Chicago for the day. We started at the Alder Planetarium and then explored the Shedd Aquarium. Although we did not attend a show at the planetarium, it was still as awesome as I remembered from my trip there as a kid. Since today is a Discount Day, all Illinois residents receive free general admission to these two buildings and the Field Museum.

After a quick Chicago-style hot dog at the aquarium, we headed to the Field Museum and made our way through their exhibit on the Ancient Americas (http://fieldmuseum.org/happening/exhibits/browse). The Field Museum is huge, and we only saw a small part of it before leaving for the Willis (Sears) Tower. Mischelle and Uncle Greg went up to the 103rd floor and went out on the Skydeck.

Tomorrow I'll be able to meet up with my cousin Gregory and his girlfriend Amanda for lunch and then Uncle Greg, Aunt Dorrie, Mischelle, and I are going to Rockford to meet up with some more family members on my dad's side for pizza. I'm also going to see my cousin Brandy and her family at some point during the day. I'll add a pic from the Skydeck after Mischelle gets home from school tomorrow...



Navy Pier






Earthrise as seen from Apollo 8


Piece of the "Great Scott Rock" retrieved by Apollo 15's crew







Seahorses

Seahorses
Penguins

No idea why these guys were posing...


Baby carrier

Grinders (different sizes) for maize



1 comment:

  1. My kind of museum trip! The planetarium and the aquarium... lucky!

    ReplyDelete