Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 27, 2012

January 27, 2012

Today Sage and I walked along the Mississippi River in Hannibal, Missouri. I enjoyed the Mark Twain Museums and a tour of Sam Clemenses boyhood home. There is also a model of Huck Finn's home and the actual law office building of Sam's father, who served as Hannibal's Justice of the Peace. I am glad I saved my souvenir funds for Hannibal, as I couldn't help purchasing a few items from the gift shops.

I made it to Ottawa and had a nice home-cooked dinner with my Aunt Lois and two of her grandsons, Christopher and Aiden. I'll be in Ottawa for one more night, and then I'm heading north to the Rockford area to stay with my Uncle Greg and Aunt Dorrie.

Happy Birthday Uncle Greg!



















3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to see all that stuff. Neat little town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must have been your favorite part of the trip so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I know you must have been in hog heaven here, and I must agree with Chrissy, probably your favorite part of the trip!

    ReplyDelete