Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 22, 2012

I awoke to a snow-covered car and drove approximately six miles to the Grand Canyon's South Rim. Sage and I walked along the rim near Mather Point. I believe it was 28 degrees when we were there at 10:00.

After viewing the Grand Canyon I got back on I-40 East toward Albuquerque. I stopped in Flagstaff to visit the Museum of Northern Arizona. The Museum of Northern Arizona has nine exhibit galleries presenting Native cultures, tribal lifeways, natural sciences, and fine arts. My favorite gallery was the Ethnology Gallery, which highlights the living cultures of the region--the Hopi, Navajo, Pai, and Zuni people.

Tomorrow I plan on walking in Albuquerque's Historic Old Town. Wednesday I will face an approximately 10 hour drive to Oklahoma.

Thanks for the comments! :)













2 comments:

  1. Have fun in Albuquerque! Hope you don't run into too much snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Night. Love You. Mama

    ReplyDelete